Showing Support for the Pride Community
Welcome to my pride support page! As someone who is a proud member of the LGBTQ+ community, this page serves as a space where I express my support for the pride community and share resources for those who need support.
Powered By Rainbow 🌈✨
CAPTCHA stands for
Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart.
CAPTCHA draws inspiration from the groundbreaking work of Alan Turing, a brilliant mathematician and computer scientist.
Turing introduced the concept of the Turing test, aiming to distinguish between human and machine intelligence. This concept served as the building blocks for
CAPTCHA, protecting websites from spam and automated bots.
Turing's ideas not only gave birth to
CAPTCHA but also laid the foundation for modern computing devices. Computers and phones are based on
Turing complete machines, a concept of universal Turing machine is a theoretical device proposed by Alan Turing that can simulate any other Turing machine, which is a simple mathematical model for computation.
Modern processors, such as those found in computers and smartphones, are considered Turing complete because they possess the computational power and capability to simulate a universal Turing machine.
So yes, modern technologies are powered by rainbow! 🌈
It's important to acknowledge that Alan Turing, who was also a gay man, tragically fell victim to anti-LGBT sentiments of his time, leading to his untimely death. His loss was a profound tragedy for the field of computer science, as his potential contributions were cut short. It serves as a reminder of the immense value of supporting the LGBTQ+ community.
By promoting inclusivity and acceptance, we foster an environment where individuals can freely contribute to the advancements of society. Turing’s story teaches us the importance of embracing diversity and celebrating the contributions of the LGBTQ+ community.
Thank you for being a part of this remarkable journey and for standing in solidarity with the pride community.
Impact of Pride Community
The pride community has made significant contributions to society, from the arts to the sciences. Here are some notable examples of LGBTQ+ individuals who have made a lasting impact on the world:
- Lynn Conway: Lynn Conway is a transgender computer scientist and electrical engineer who made significant contributions to computer architecture and design. Her work in the field of Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) design revolutionized chip technology and greatly influenced the development of modern microprocessors.
- Sally Ride: Sally Ride, an American astronaut and physicist, is widely recognized as the first American woman to travel to space. While she kept her sexual orientation private during her lifetime, it was later revealed that she was in a same-sex relationship with her partner, Tam O'Shaughnessy. Ride's groundbreaking achievement as an astronaut and her contributions to astrophysics have inspired generations of aspiring scientists.
- Ben Barres: Ben Barres was a transgender neurobiologist who made important contributions to our understanding of the nervous system. His research focused on glial cells and their role in brain development and function. Barres’ work has had a lasting impact on the field of neuroscience.
- Alan Hart: Alan Hart was a transgender physician and medical researcher who made significant contributions to the fields of radiology and tuberculosis research. His work on chest radiography and the diagnosis of tuberculosis has had a lasting impact on medical imaging and patient care.
- Martine Rothblatt: Martine Rothblatt is a transgender woman, entrepreneur, and biomedical researcher. She has made remarkable contributions to various fields, including genetics, personalized medicine and satellite communications. Rothblatt is also the founder of Sirius XM Radio and United Therapeutics.
These individuals, among others, have made remarkable contributions to their respective fields, leading to advancements that impact people's daily lives. Their scientific and engineering achievements highlight the valuable contributions of the LGBTQ+ community across diverse domains of knowledge.
Pride At Oregon State University
Oregon State University is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students, faculty, and staff. The Pride Center is a safe space for the LGBTQ+ community and provides resources, support, and education for all members of the university. The Pride Center also hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including the annual Pride Week celebration. Here are some of the pride organizations at Oregon State University:
Supporting the pride community goes beyond personal acceptance; it requires action and engagement. There are many ways you can get involved and show your support. Whether it's attending local pride events, volunteering for LGBTQ+ organizations, or engaging in conversations that promote understanding, every effort counts in creating a more inclusive society.
Watch Nimona on Netflix! 🎥